- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
PREVIEW: Liverpool v Arsenal: Injury News, Preferred XI + Prediction
Arsenal take on Liverpool at Anfield tomorrow lunchtime in a game of vital importance to both sides.
We go into the game sitting two points clear at the top of the league so have a chance to extend our advantage and also make a real statement of intent to our title rivals if we can come away with a win.
However, Liverpool sit fourth and a home victory will see them move to within five points of us, so it’s important that if we can’t pick up all three points, we don’t lose the game and allow them right back in the title race.
We have an excellent recent record at Anfield having not tasted defeat in our last six visits. We won this game 2-0 last season and beat them by the same score-line at the Emirates back in November, so we should be full of confidence heading into this game.
It looks like Jack Wilshere is back in the squad as he posted an image of himself on the team bus en route to Merseyside earlier this afternoon. The midfielder has been struggling with an ankle injury but took part in full training today and could now come back in to the team.
Aaron Ramsey remains out with a thigh strain and Mathieu Flamini is suspended, while new signing Kim Kallstrom is out with a back problem.
There has been no news on Thomas Vermaelen so I’m assuming he’s still out with a knee injury so he’s on the sidelines along with Theo Walcott. Yaya Sanogo played for the Under-21′s today but obviously won’t be involved tomorrow and Abou Diaby remains fixated to the treatment table.
I’d like to see Kieran Gibbs come back in at left-back as I feel he’s slightly better defensively than Nacho Monreal. Other than that the back five should remain unchanged.
Wilshere should return in midfield alongside Mikel Arteta with last weeks hero, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, moving out to the right side. Tomas Rosicky is pushing for a start but he can be used an an impact sub. Obviously Mesut Ozil, Santi Cazorla and Olivier Giroud should retain their places in attack.
So my team would be:
The team above has more than enough to get a positive result at Anfield. Liverpool are a different side than we’ve played in recent years, particularly at home, and with Suarez and Sturridge in the team they will always be dangerous. However, we managed to keep them out at the Emirates and I think we can come away with a huge three points tomorrow.
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal COYG!!!!
What are your thoughts on the game?