- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Missed Out On French Ace After Wenger Refused To Pay £15m Fee
As the fall-out from a disappointing January transfer window continues to unfold, there are reports claiming that Arsenal missed out on the signing of Morgan Schneiderlin after Arsene Wenger refused to meet Southampton’s £15m asking price.
The majority last month’s transfer rumours centered around attackers or strikers due to our obvious lack of depth up front. However, the final few days were all about central midfielders after it emerged that Aaron Ramsey was out for up to six weeks after suffering a set back in his recovery from a thigh strain.
Several names were linked with a move to the Emirates but in the end we made the surprise signing of Kim Kallstrom, with the Sweden international arriving from Spartak Moscow on loan for the rest of the season before we learned that he’s out for up to six weeks with a back injury.
However, the Express claim that Wenger made a serious enquiry over the availability of Morgan Schneiderlin but a deal failed to materialise after he refused to pay the £15m Southampton were demanding for his signature.
The French international has been a revelation for the Saints over the past 18 months and would have been an excellent addition had the boss been able to strike a deal. The 24-year-old has experience in the Premier League and is coming to the peak years of his career.
But unfortunately it wasn’t to be and we’ll have to make do with what we’ve got until the likes of Ramsey and Kallstrom return to fitness. Thankfully, Jack Wilshere should be back to face Liverpool this week while Mathieu Flamini will return from suspension in two games time.
Would you have liked Arsenal to sign Schneiderlin?