- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: From Arsenal’s 2-0 Win Over Crystal Palace
Arsenal eventually found a way past the huge bus that was parked at the Emirates today to beat Crystal Palace 2-0 thanks to a well-taken brace from Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
Here are my ratings.
Szczesny 7.5/10 – Another vital save to deny Cameron Jerome with the score at 1-0. Had that gone in, it would have been a nervy end to the game.
Sagna 7/10 – Solid and reliable. Nothing too adventurous going forward but not tested at the back.
Monreal 7/10 – Much better than he was in midweek. Got forward a bit more than Bac but didn’t always have the final ball.
Mertesacker 7.5/10 – Superb display from the BFG. Made several important interceptions when Palace did have a rare attack.
Koscielny 7/10 – Dealt well with the limited threat from the visitors. Didn’t put a foot wrong.
Arteta 7/10 – Looked a little leggy at times but did well enough against a ‘physical’ Palace midfield.
The Ox 8/10 – Made his first Premier League start since the opening day of the season and didn’t disappoint in the centre of midfield, chipping in with two lovely goals. Going to be an important player over the next few weeks.
Podolski 6.5/10 – Finally given a start but wasn’t at his best. Kept drifting inside too often, especially in the first half, but he’s still finding his way back to match fitness.
Cazorla 7.5/10 – Stunning assist for the first goal as his lofted ball over the top was inch perfect for The Ox.
Ozil 7/10 – Was extremely economical with the ball, with a pass completion rate of 98%, but could perhaps have done a little more with it rather than just keeping it simple.
Giroud 6.5/10 – Was having a disappointing game until he assisted Chamberlain for the second. His touch was largely off throughout the game but he battled well against a tough Palace defence.
Rosicky 7/10 – Came on to give us more urgency in midfield.
Gibbs & Bendtner N/A – Only on for 2 minutes.
What are your thoughts on my ratings and the game?