- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Photo: Arsenal’s New Signing – Squad Number Confirmed
In the end it was a hugely disappointing transfer window as the only new addition we managed was the loan signing of Swedish veteran Kim Kallstrom.
The 31-year-old has joined from Spartak Moscow until the end of the season and will provide us with an experienced back-up option in midfield. Arsene Wenger decided to make the move for the former Lyon midfielder after Aaron Ramsey was ruled out for up to six weeks with a thigh injury.
Kallstrom certainly isn’t the big-money signing most fans were hoping for but he’s a respected international who’s racked up over 100 caps for Sweden, so he might turn out to be a useful addition – particularly when you consider how light we are in the centre of the park at present. Plus, he’s eligible to play in the Champions League.
It’s now been confirmed that the Swede will wear the No.29 jersey – which happens to be Marouane Chamakh’s old number. Let’s hope he turns out to be more of a success than the previous owner.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) February 1, 2014