- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
PHOTO: Arsenal Confirm Kallstrom Signing – See Him In His New Shirt
It’s finally happened Gooners. We have a new signing! Admittedly he’s not the man we all dreamed of, but it’s a signing none-the-less.
Yes, Arsenal have finally confirmed that Kim Kallstrom has joined the club on loan from Spartak Moscow until the end of the season.
The 31-year-old arrives at the Emirates with a huge amount of experience having represented Sweden 108 times and he’ll give us some much-needed depth in the centre of midfield with Aaron Ramsey injured for six week.
Arsene Wenger said of the player:
“Kim Kallstrom is a hugely-experienced player. He is a midfielder with proven quality at both club and international level. We welcome Kim to Arsenal.”
Kallstrom also told Arsenal.com that he’s pleased to join the club and help out during the second half of the season:
“Arsenal is an amazing club with a lot of great players and a coach who has done really well here for a long time. I am so pleased to come here to learn as much as possible. I’m here to do my best for Arsenal and to help out the team, so we can achieve good results for the last part of the season.”
He wasn’t signed in time to make the squad for Sunday’s clash with Crystal Palace but he will be in contention against Liverpool next week and is also eligible to play in the Champions League.
We’ve got around three hours left to try and bring in a striker, but it’s not looking likely right now. Here’s Kallstrom wearing his new Arsenal shirt.
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) January 31, 2014