- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
Draxler Move OFF After Wenger Refuses To Pay Asking Price – BBC
Some bad news has just been broken Gooners with BBC journalist David Ornstein claiming that Julian Draxler’s proposed move to Arsenal is off after Arsene Wenger refused to meet Schalke’s asking price.
It’s been widely reported that we’ve been locked in talks with the German club this week trying to thrash out a deal for the exciting 20-year-old attacker.
Various reports have been flying about over the last few days and Arsenal fans have been desperately trawling the internet for updates.
However, the latest comes from the reliable BBC with Ornstein claiming tonight that the move is off after Wenger refused to meet Schalkes asking price, and he suggests the only incomings before Friday’s deadline will be loans.
— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) January 30, 2014
If true, it’s not going to go down well with some sections of fans and the fear is we’ve now blown our best chance in years to end our trophy drought.
As Wenger said earlier, things can change hour by hour during the closing stages of the transfer window so you never know, we could still yet get some good news tomorrow, but as of now things aren’t looking good on the transfer front.