- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Draxler Comes Through Medical Tests Ahead Of Proposed £36m Move
Arsenal’s move for Julian Draxler was handed a boost today after the attacker was given the all-clear to return to action following medical tests in Germany.
The 20-year-old has been on the sidelines with a tendon injury for the last two months and there were fears he might not return for another four weeks if results from his latest examination proved he required further rehabilitation – which would have ended any hope of us signing him this month.
However, several reports today claim that Draxler was told he’s ready to return to full training next week following a visit to see Dr Hans-Wilhelm-Muller on Wednesday, which has given us the green light to push through our move.
Dr Hans-Wilhelm-Muller is the same doctor who gave Mesut Ozil his medical ahead of his move to the Emirates and it possible we’d use him again for Draxler (or perhaps the medical was conducted yesterday?).
The Telegraph suggest we have agreed a provisional £36m deal with Schalke and are now just thrashing out the small details such as how much we’ll pay up front and how the subsequent payments will be scheduled.
The paper claims that we will offer the youngster an £80k a week contract and Lukasz Fabianski could move to Schalke on loan for the rest of the season as he’s already been lined-up for a free transfer switch to the Veltins-Arena in the summer.
After weeks of speculation, it certain seems like the Draxler-to-Arsenal story is gathering pace and practically ever newspaper and media outlet are claiming a deal is now imminent. For us to come this far and not complete the deal would be hugely disappointing, so fingers crossed we can get is finalised before Friday’s 11pm deadline.