- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Attacker Coy On Future Amid Reports Arsenal Weighing-Up Improved Bid
Antoine Griezmann has refused to commit his long-term future to Real Sociedad amid rumours Arsenal are weighing-up an improved bid, according to reports today.
The attacker was linked with us in the summer before reports earlier this month claimed we had a £12m opening offer rejected, with his current club Sociedad demanding nearer £24m.
Things went quite over the past few weeks but rumours have re-surfaced that we could make a late move for the French international if we fail to land No.1 target Julian Draxler.
The Metro claimed recently that Arsene Wenger was mulling over submitting an improved offer, but was unlikely to meet the players £24m valuation.
The 22-year-old has now responded to the reported interest from Arsenal and while he’s admitted he’s happy to remain with Sociedad until the end of the season, he opened the door to a potential future switch to the Emirates by admitting he will assess his future in the summer.
‘I’d like to finish the year at Real Sociedad and then we’ll see,’
‘I am happy at La Real, I’m very relaxed about the situation. The team is working well and it’s important we try and get back into European competition next season.’ Griezmann said.
Griezmann hit an impressive hat-trick against Elche on Monday to take his tally to 15 this season, which is an excellent return when you consider he’s mainly deployed from the left-wing.
He’s certainly a huge talent and I’d love to see him come to the Emirates, but Draxler is clearly Wenger’s preferred option right now and Griezmann isn’t going anywhere this month so it’s perhaps one we can look again at in the summer.