- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal ‘Given Encouragement’ Over Morata Move + Make Tello Enquiry
Arsenal have been given fresh encouragement from Real Madrid that Alvaro Morata could be available on loan this month while we’ve also made initial enquiries over Cristian Tello at Barcelona, according to reports today.
Morata was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates during the first couple of weeks of the winter window, with various reports suggesting he was set for a 6 month loan switch.
Carlo Ancelotti then came out and insisted the 21-year-old was going nowhere unless he made it clear he wanted to leave, and the rumours have subsided in recent days.
However, the Mirror are reporting today that Arsene Wenger is ready to make a late move for a striker and has apparently been given new encouragement from Madrid that Morata could be available on loan.
The paper suggests that Morata’s representatives have asked about the striker being allowed to leave on a short-term basis which could now open the door to Arsenal.
I’d love to see Morata come in this month as he’d be an excellent option to have during the second half of the season, so let’s hope we can get something done before Friday’s deadline.
The Mirror also claim that we’ve made enquiries to Barcelona about either a loan or permanent move for Cristian Tello, but the 22-year-old is believed to be keen on staying at the Nou Camp and assessing his future in the summer.
Arsene was reported to have been in the stands at a Barcelona game last week with Tello believed to have been one of the players he was keeping an eye on. However, it seems any potential move for the player will have to wait until the summer.