- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Report: Arsenal Close To Agreeing Three-Year Deal Worth £80,000-A-Week With Defender
Some interesting news coming out of France today with France Football magazine claiming that Bacary Sagna is set to sign a three-year deal worth £80,000-a-week at Arsenal.
Sagna’s contract expires at the end of the season and speculation has been intensifying over the last few weeks that he could be set to end his seven-year stay in north London.
The likes of PSG, Monaco and Galatasaray are all believed to be offering the 30-year-old four-year deals worth over £100,000-a-week after tax as well as a sizeable signing on bonus.
Manchester City were also believed to have entered the chance with newspaper reports suggesting the Citizens would make a big-money move at the end of the season.
However, Sagna appears in France Football magazine today under the headline ‘Sagna, Gunner Forever’ and they claim that the defender has agreed a three-year, £80-000-a-week extension.
If this news is true, it will be a huge boost to the club as Sagna is one of our most consistent performers this season and is a valuable asset to the club.
He would have been extremely difficult to replace and hopefully when he does commit his future to the club, he can now stay and help develop the likes of Carl Jenkinson so he can step in when the Frenchman does eventually depart.