- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Report: €45m Attacker ‘Desperate’ To Make Arsenal Move
Arsenal proposed move for Julian Draxler is gaining more and more momentum with reports now suggesting that the Schalke attacker is ‘desperate’ to make the move to north London this month.
News broke from Germany last night during our 4-0 win over Coventry that claimed we had reached an agreement with Schalke for the player but it wasn’t clear whether the deal would go through now or in the summer.
One of the uncertainties was whether the 20-year-old would want to disrupt his season by switching clubs and potentially jeopardise his chances of making the Germany World Cup squad.
However, the Mirror are reporting today that Draxler is ‘desperate’ to complete the move to Arsenal NOW and doesn’t want to wait until the end of the season.
If true, this would obviously be a major boost and if we’ve also agreed a fee for him, the only thing left to do is persuade Schalke they need to sell this month and not in the summer.
The Bundesliga club are having a disappointing campaign domestically, but are still in the Champions League so are understandably reluctant to part ways with their star man.
But they have to face Real Madrid in the last 16, so realistically they have little chance of progressing anyway, so hopefully we can twist their arm and convince them to do the business now.
I’m still trying to hold myself back from getting too excited about this, but it would be a sensational buy if we manage to pull it off.