- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
“An Agreement With Arsenal? There’s No Truth In That”
The agent of Auxerre striker Paul-Georges Ntep has denied that any deal is in place for the striker to join Arsenal.
The 21-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates throughout this transfer window and caused a stir online when he posted a photo on his Instagram account of him on the Eurostar en route to London.
The president of Auxerre confirmed the player travelled to England to hold talks with Arsenal and recent reports on AuxerreTV – the areas local television station – claimed we had agreed an £8m deal to bring the young attacker to north London.
However, Ntep’s agent, Mario Knez has dismissed those reports and insists no deal has been agreed, but he has opened the door for the France Under-21 international to leave this month and claims that Auxerre are willing to negotiate.
“An agreement with Arsenal? There’s no truth in that.
“Is he leaving in January? It’s certainly an option, he is having a great season and Auxerre are ready to start a negotiation.” [source: Mirror]
Ntep has been in good form for Auxerre this season but he’s clearly not the big-money striker fans are hoping for. I’m not even sure he’d contribute much to the first team during the second half of the season if we did sign him, so I’m not overly bothered whether we do or not.
REPORT: Arsenal on verge of Draxler deal
We already have a number of promising young strikers at the club so personally, I’d prefer we saved our money and put it towards a player who’s going to help us lift the title this season.