- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal To Make ‘Announcement’ At ‘Special’ Press Conference On Monday
Some interesting news has surfaced online this morning with Arsenal sending out an email to reveal they will be making an announcement at a ‘special media press conference’ on Monday.
With fans desperate for new signings, obviously this news has set tongues wagging on social media sites like Twitter with supporters speculating as to what this announcement is regarding. A big-money signing perhaps?
However, while I hate to be the bearer of bad news, it would be a very unusual step for the club to call a press conference four days in advance to reveal a new signing.
It’s far more likely this press conference is linked to either A) Arsene Wenger’s new contract, or B) the new Puma sponsorship deal.
So far, the majority believe it’s the Puma deal, which we’ve all known about for months, so if that turns out to be the case it’s going to be something of an anti-climax.
What do you think this conference is to announce? Here are some tweets on the matter:
E-mail from Arsenal regarding "announcement" and "special media conference" at the Emirates on Monday afternoon. Hmmm …
— Oliver Kay (@OliverKayTimes) January 23, 2014
Ah yes. Could well be this. “@OSullivanTim: Here comes the Puma announcement….”
— gunnerblog (@gunnerblog) January 23, 2014
Looks like Arsenal will finally announce the Puma shirt sponsorship deal at a press conference on Monday.
— Michael ⚽ Gooner (@MickTheGooner) January 23, 2014
AFC special conference: Arsene/Bac/Per/Rosicky new contracts. Puma deal. Gazumped UTD for Mata. £70,000,000.01 LS bid + Thierry loan return.
— Scött Davis Gööner (@ScottyDavisAFC) January 23, 2014
Wait if we're announcing Puma kit deal Monday, that's monies… With 4 days until deadline day. Me likey.
— Lil Bit Wankers fine (@18DialSquare86) January 23, 2014