- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
Arsenal Eye Ligue 1 Defender After Scouting Trip
Yet more transfer news to bring you and the Daily Mail are reporting that Arsenal are weighing-up a move for Lille defender Pape Souare.
Arsene Wenger apparently sent his team of scouts to the Stade Geoffroy Guichard to watch the 23-year-old in action as Lille lost 2-0 to Saint Etienne on Friday night.
Souare has been in impressive form this season during his 21 Ligue 1 appearances, helping Lille concede just 12 goals in 21 games so far to leave them sitting third in the table.
However, the Senegal international plays at left-back and I struggle to see why that’s an area of the squad that needs strengthening.
We already have Kieran Gibbs and Nacho Monreal to fill the left-back spot, and they are two of the most dependable full-back’s in the Premier League.
Neither are coming towards the end of their career either, so unless one of them is wanting to leave, I really don’t see the need for another left-back.
Maybe the newspaper has got it wrong and the scouts were keeping an eye on another player, but let’s hope it wasn’t Souare’s team-mate, Saloman Kalou!
What do you think? Do we need another left-back?