- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
Report: Arsenal ‘In Talks’ Over Colombian Winger
Arsenal have held preliminary talks with the agent of Fiorentina winger Juan Guillermo Cuadrado about a potential move to the Emirates, according to reports in Italy.
Cuadrado is the latest attacker to be linked with Arsenal this month as Arsene Wenger looks to add to our attacking options following the news that Theo Walcott will be out for the rest of the season.
The 25-year-old is predominantly a right winger but is versatile and can play up front as well, so it would seem he would be a proper like-for-like replacement for Theo.
Italian media outlet TuttoMercato are reporting that Wenger has been making enquiries over the player’s availability and has held talks with his agent Alessandro Lucci – who just happens to also be the agent of Mirko Vucinic, who we have also been linked with over the last few days.
There are believed to be a number of other clubs in for Cuadrado, but any potential deal is being complicated by the fact he is owned by both Fiorentina and Udinese – who each own 50% of his rights.
The player doesn’t appear unhappy in Florence as he’s made 22 appearances so far this season, and he’s indicated he wants to remain at the club in order to keep playing on a regular basis ahead of the World Cup. Therefore, unless Fiorentina are desperate to sell, any deal this month looks highly unlikely.
You May Also Like: Arsenal’s move for Vucinic OFF
So it looks like the search for a new attacker will have to continue. Hopefully Wenger has something up his sleeve as I feel it’s vital we add to our options this month or we risk wasting a golden chance to lift the title this season.
Who would you like the club to sign this month?