- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
Per Mertesacker Confirms Return To Twitter Following Abuse in 2011
He’s back! Per Mertesacker has announced his return to Twitter after over two years in the wilderness.
The German defender quit the social networking site back in November 2011 after receiving a torrent of abuse from Gooners following his performance away at Norwich, when he was at fault for the opening goal.
However, the ‘BFG’ announced his decision to return to Twitter this morning after fans begged him back, and he joins a number of Arsenal players who regularly use the popular social networking site.
Per has grown into not only one of the most consistent centre-back’s in the Premier League, but he’s also now one of the more popular members of the squad with the fans, so I think he should get a far better reception on Twitter these days.
Welcome back Per!
You asked for it … BFG listened I will be back on twitter. Let's see if I can handle this one. More tonight. BFG
— Per Mertesacker (@mertesacker) January 16, 2014