- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
‘I Like Arsenal Very Much….I Dream Of Playing For Them’
Arsene Wenger once said there is no shortage of players who would love to play for Arsenal, and it seems one such man is Kevin Kampl.
The Red Bull Salzburg midfielder has been earning rave reviews for his performances in Austria this season, where he’s scored 10 goals in 27 games – which is an excellent return from midfield.
The 23-year-old has been linked with a number of top European clubs in recent months but it appears there is one club he’s hoping to impress, and that’s the mighty Arsenal.
Kampl talked up England and London before admitting that he ‘very much’ likes Arsenal due to our style of play, and revealed that he dreams of playing for us when he watches our games.
“England has its own charm and London is a unique place,”
“There’s also Arsenal, the club that I like very much because of their style of football.
“Sometimes when I watch their games, I close my eyes and dream of how it would be if I was there playing for them.
“This certainly is a dream and I hope that one day it will come true for me which is why I’m always giving my all during training sessions.” [source: Mirror]
I’m not sure the kid has what it takes just yet to earn a move to the Emirates, but if he keeps developing you just never know, dreams can come true.
I think we might take it for granted sometimes how our style of football attracts players. Many new signings, including Mesut Ozil, have commented on how our free-flowing game was one of the reasons they joined.
It’s not always about money or trophies. For some players it’s all about enjoying their football. I’m sure Ozil could have got paid more and probably picked up a Ligue 1 winners medal had he chosen to join PSG but he opted for Arsenal instead, and it seems Kampl is another player who would turn down the advances of other clubs in favour of us due to our style of play.