- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
Ozil And Bale Make UEFA Team of the Year Ahead Of Messi!
Mesut Ozil has been named in the UEFA Team of the Year along with former Tottenham attacker Gareth Bale. However, shockingly, there is no place in the star-studded XI for Barcelona maestro Lionel Messi!
Ozil spent the first half of 2013 with Real Madrid before joining Arsenal in the summer for £42.5m and it seems he’s done enough to earn a place alongside Frank Ribery and Marco Reus in what’s a very attack-minded midfield.
The German saw off competition from the likes of Andres Iniesta and Xavi to make the team, so we should certainly be very proud to have one of our own named ahead of such illustrious company.
Understandably, the recently crowned Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo was selected but there was no place for the man who came second and scored 45 goals in 46 appearances in 2013 – Lionel Messi – as the other two places up front went to Gareth Bale and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
I’m not sure who voted for or picked the UEFA team, but somebody needs their head read. Omitting Messi when Bale is picked is simply laughable if you ask me. He should have been the second, if not the first, name on the team sheet along with Ronaldo.
Anyway, congratulations Mesut. Here’s the full UEFA team of the year 2013:
Neuer; Lahm, Ramos, Thiago Silva, Alaba; Reus, Ozil, Ribery; Bale, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldo.