- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Handed Injury Boost Ahead Of Fulham Clash
Arsenal have been handed an injury boost with Aaron Ramsey set to return to the squad for Saturday’s clash with Fulham at the Emirates, according to reports.
The Welshman has been on the sidelines for the last three weeks after picking up a thigh strain during our win over West Ham on Boxing Day.
However, Arsene Wenger confirmed before our win over Aston Villa on Monday that the midfielder was close to returning to fitness and the Daily Mail are now reporting that he’ll be back in the squad to face Fulham this weekend.
We’ve coped well in Rambo’s absence – winning all four games he’s missed – but obviously it will be a huge bonus to have him available again.
He’s probably been our player of the season so far after a sensational opening few months, but he could find it difficult to walk straight back into the team. Jack Wilshere put in a MOTM performance against Villa and we need one of Mikel Arteta or Mathieu Flamini in midfield to offer defensive stability.
There is the possibility Ramsey could be deployed on the wing now that Theo’s out, but we’ve also got the likes of Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski, Tomas Rosicky, Serge Gnabry and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain vying for those positions. I suppose it’s just good for the boss to have options.