- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Jack Wilshere Explains Goal Celebration On Twitter
Jack Wilshere was instrumental for Arsenal during our 2-1 win over Aston Villa on Monday night.
The midfielders season has been disrupted by niggling injuries at times this year but he was looking back to his best at Villa Park as he opened the scoring with a well taken finish before setting up Olivier Giroud for the second with a delightful ball.
After knocking in his fifth goal of the season, Wilshere’s goal celebration was to make an ‘A’ sign with his hands. It got fans talking on social media outlets trying to figure out what the ‘A’ stood for, with ‘Arsenal’ and ‘Archie’ the most common guesses, while a select few seemed to think it was some sort of ‘gangster’ sign that we see in the hip-hop music videos these days.
Well, Jack has taken to Twitter to set the record straight and he explain what was behind the gesture, and sure enough he’s confirmed that it was his way of dedicating the goal to his son, Archie. Gold star to those who guessed right.
— Jack Wilshere (@JackWilshere) January 14, 2014