- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 2-1 Win Over Aston Villa
It wasn’t our best display of the season, particularly in the second half when we barely got out of second gear, but we got another vital win under our belt to move back to the top of the table.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6/10 – Had practically nothing to do in the first half, but made a few routine stops in the second period when Villa put the pressure on. Could do nothing for the goal.
Sagna 7/10 – Put in a couple of excellent early crosses that Giroud could have done better with and was a warrior at the back.
Mertesacker 7.5/10 – Dealt reasonably with with the awkward Benteke and made some important blocks.
Koscielny 8/10 – Won 100% of his tackles, made 3 interceptions and 16 clearances while completing 98% of his passes. Superb display.
Monreal 7/10 – Adventurous down the left and got the assist for the opener before going off with a suspected broken metatarsal. Hopefully he’s OK.
Flamini 7/10 – Busy in front of the back four and we needed his energy in the second half when Villa pushed for the equaliser.
Wilshere 8/10 – Lovely finish for the opener and delightful ball for Giroud’s goal. Was superb in the first 45 minutes.
Cazorla 5/10 – An off day for the Spaniard. His passing way wayward and his loose ball gifted the hosts a way back into the game.
Gnabry 6/10 – Positive first half and was full of running, but faded after the break before being subbed.
Ozil 6/10 – Odd display again. He showed moments of magic but looked too casual at times. Lovely through-ball released Monreal for the opener. Needs to do more though.
Giroud 7/10 – Lovely finish for the second goal and was a huge presence up front. Worked his socks off.
Gibbs 6/10 – On for Monreal and did little wrong at left back.
Rosicky 6/10 – Only only the field for a matter of minutes as he was forced off with what looked like a broken nose.
The Ox N/A – Short cameo but nice to see him back.
What were your thoughts from the game? Is winning games like this a sign we’ve got what it takes to go all the way?