- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Ancelotti: We Made A Mistake Selling Mesut Ozil To Arsenal
It’s taken over four months, but Real Madrid have finally admitted they made a mistake in selling Mesut Ozil to Arsenal in the summer.
The German playmaker is widely regarded as one of the best creators in Europe and was a regular fixture in the Real Madrid first team since joining from Werder Bremen in 2010.
So it came as a huge shock when the Spaniard’s allowed the 25-year-old to leave following the arrival of Gareth Bale during the final days of the summer transfer window.
Arsenal, armed with cash to burn, were the beneficiaries as we smashed our transfer record to secure our first ‘marquee’ signing in years with the £42.5m capture of Ozil on September 2nd.
Everybody knew Madrid had to sell one of their star players to balance the books after splashing £100m on Bale, it’s just people were surprised Ancelotti decided to cash-in on Ozil ahead of the likes of Angel Di Maria.
However, the Spaniards, in a hilarious attempt to somehow justify their decision, came up with a number of excuses as to why they sold the German schemer with Ancelotti questioning his attitude, claiming Ozil asked to leave while also suggesting he was no longer part of his plans. All complete BS.
But finally, the Italian coach has admitted they made a mistake in allowing Ozil to leave and join Arsenal. When asked if his side have missed his creativity, Ancelotti conceded:
“I think we made a mistake when we gave him [Ozil] the possibility to leave the club. However, we have fantastic strikers and don’t need a back-up after [Gonzalo] Higuain’s departure.” [Source: Gulf News]
Never mind Carlo, unfortunately it’s too late. You treated him badly and now he’s loving life in London and will hopefully help fire Arsenal to the title this season.