- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
Confirmed: Arsenal Miss Out On Paraguayan Starlet
Arsenal have missed out on the signing of Tonny Sanabria after he confirmed that he has agreed to join AS Roma.
Sanabria is one of the most promising youngsters in the Barca ranks but has grown frustrated as his lack of progress and has refused to sign professional terms at the Nou Camp.
We’ve been strongly linked with the 17-year-old in recent months and newspapers were even claiming that it was a ‘done deal’ not so long ago, with the player believed to have chosen to continue his development at the Emirates.
However, things quietened down over the past few weeks and the longer we heard no official confirmation, you just got the feeling we’d gone cold on the deal.
It seems that’s the case with reports in Spain earlier today claiming that the Paraguayan striker is set to join AS Roma after the Italians had agreed to pay the full amount of his buy-off fee – which is reportedly worth around £3m.
The youngster said good bye to his colleagues on Wednesday morning, as revealed by Pol Calvet on Twitter:
— barcastuff (@barcastuff) January 8, 2014
Sanabria has also confirmed that he’s off to Roma before joining another Serie A side for the rest of the season. He was quoted as telling radio station Radio Monumental 1080 this afternoon:
”They already deposited the money that was needed for Barcelona’s exit clause. I will go on loan to another Serie A team. The club will give me options, since for 6 months I won’t be able to play for Roma”
Let’s hope we don’t regret not signing this lad in the future.