- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Attacker Shown Around Arsenal Facilities Ahead Of Potential €45m Move
Julian Draxler has been given a tour of Arsenal’s training facilities ahead of a potential €45m summer move, according to reports.
The German starlet was been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in the summer before we eventually signed compatriot Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid.
However, Arsene Wenger has retained his interest in the youngster this season and the Mirror claim the 20-year-old was left impressed after being given a tour of the clubs training facilities.
The report fails to say exactly when this tour took place, but they do go on to state that we are considered as the firm favourites for his signature and a summer move from Schalke could now be on the cards.
Former Middlesbrough striker and now German pundit/agent, Jan Aage Fjortoft, has also confirmed the rumours on Twitter:
Arsenal still favourite to get Draxler (Clause: summers-45 mill euro) - Impressed by Arsenal training ground - German players #afc crucial
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) January 5, 2014
Draxler has previously admitted he is a fan of Arsenal’s style of play and revealed that he has already spoken with our German contingent about life at the club:
“I have always said English teams are very big clubs and Arsenal is of course one of them.
“Of course I sometimes speak to Mesut or Per about the team, about the club, and they always have good words and they tell me nice things. You never know what happens in the summer but Arsenal is a very, very nice team.”
“They always have very young players, they play attractive football and that’s what I like.” [source: Mirror]
Many fans are calling for us to try and sign him this month but Fjortoft claims his buy-out clause is only active in the summer and Schalke won’t sell as they are still in the Champions League.
— Jan Aage Fjortoft (@JanAageFjortoft) January 7, 2014
The attacking midfielder stayed with Schalke this season in order to secure his place in the German squad ahead of the World Cup and will consider his future in the summer, so it seems we are in with a real shout to sign one of Europe’s most exciting young players.
His buy-out clause of €45m, which equates to around £37m, is a huge amount of money but it should turn out to be an excellent investment. He’s still only 20 and can only get better.