- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Wenger ‘Renews Interest’ In €12m Attacker
Arsene Wenger is ready to reignite his interest in Lyon attacker Clement Grenier, according to reports today.
The 22-year-old Frenchman was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in the summer with a deal thought to have been close before Lyon decided to keep hold of the talented midfielder.
However, as injuries begin to mount in the Gunners camp, the Mirror claim that Wenger is set to renew his interest in the player this month with French-based scout Gilles Grimandi understood to be keeping a close eye on the winger.
Grenier will is valued in the region of €12-15m and has previously admitted he would jump at the chance to play under Arsene Wenger at Arsenal.
The youngster is predominantly a right winger but can also play centrally, and our supposed renewed interest comes at a time when Theo Walcott is facing another spell on the sidelines after picking up a knee injury during Saturday’s 2-0 win over Tottenham.
Personally, I don’t think right wing is a position that desperately needs strengthened right now, even with Walcott out. Serge Gnabry showed at the weekend he is capable of playing for the first team while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also back in full training.
A striker should remain the priority.