- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
“As A Child I Dreamed Of Playing For Arsenal”
Juventus and former Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has revealed that Arsenal were one of the clubs he dreamed of playing for as a child.
The 20-year-old joined Juventus on a free transfer in 2012 after refusing to sign a new deal at Old Trafford and he’s now regarded as one of the most sought-after players in world football.
The France international was named as the best young player in Europe last month and has been linked with a whole host of top clubs in recent months, including Arsenal with Arsene Wenger believed to be a huge fan of the youngsters.
Pogba has now revealed that while he’s content in Turin, he dreamed of playing for Arsenal and Barcelona as a child fuelling speculation that he could end up turning out in the famous Red & White one day. He said:
“At Juventus I’m doing fine. I don’t hide the fact that as a child I dreamed of playing for Arsenal and FC Barcelona.” [source: Mirror]
With Juventus five points clear at the top of the Serie A table and on course to retain their title, it doesn’t seem like Pogba will be leaving anytime soon.
However, it’s good to know that he has Arsenal in his heart for when the time comes that he want’s a new challenge. He’d be a superb signing if we could ever pull it off, although he’d likely set us back a fee in excess of the £42.5m we paid for Mesut Ozil in the summer.
Fingers crossed Pogba fulfills his ‘dream’ of playing for Arsenal one day.