- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 2-0 Win Over Cardiff
We left it late but eventually eased past Cardiff City 2-0 at the Emirates on New Year’s Day to ensure we remain top of the Premier League.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6.5/10 – Didn’t have too much to do in fairness but he did make a couple of decent saves as well as claim a few crosses and through-balls.
Sagna 7/10 – It was Sagna’s header that was saved before Bendtner fired home the crucial opener. The Frenchman was solid throughout and was getting himself into advanced positions to help force the breakthrough.
Mertesacker 6/10 – Missed two glorious chances to open the scoring in the second half but headed wide on both occasions. Didn’t have his most testing time in defence.
Koscielny 7/10 – Another steady display at the back. Like Per, Kos didn’t have too much to do at the back but kept things tight.
Monreal 7/10 – Was keen to get forward and put in a couple of decent crosses, including the one that lead to the opening goal.
Arteta 7/10 – Kept things moving in midfield and protected the back four well throughout.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Was given a bit more of a licence to get forward with Arteta sitting deep but didn’t really have too much effect on the game before going off for Rosicky.
Wilshere 8/10 – Certainly his best performance for several weeks. He ran the game and provided a sublime assist for Theo Walcott’s goal. Good to see him back to his best.
Walcott 7.5/10 – Missed a few chances in the first half but made no mistake to seal the three points with a lovely chipped finish.
Cazorla 7/10 – Some nice interplay with Wilshere and Rosicky and was looking like getting back to top form following a few below par displays.
Podolski 5/10 – Started up top and couldn’t really have any real effect on the game. Looked rusty which is understandable after four months out.
Bendtner 7.5/10 – Made a superb sub appearance and was on hand to fire home the opener. Unfortunately he injured himself in doing so and now looks set for a spell on the sidelines.
Rosicky 7.5/10 – Very positive influence and added some real urgency in our attack.
Another vital win under our belt and we head into the FA Cup clash with Tottenham sitting at the top of the Premier League. Good times.
Agree with my ratings? What were yours?