- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
Wenger Offers Mesut Ozil Injury Update
Arsenal beat Newcastle United 1-0 on Sunday afternoon to ensure we finish 2013 top of the Premier League table.
Olivier Giroud grabbed the winner midway through the second half to secure the three points that keep us a point clear of second placed Man City.
However, we had to do it without the services of playmaker Mesut Ozil after he was ruled out of the game with a shoulder injury.
After the match, boss Arsene Wenger told Arsenal.com that the German shouldn’t be out long term and will be available again in about a week.
on how bad [Mesut] Ozil’s injury is…
It is an inflamed shoulder, it should be one more week maybe less, I don’t know, but not a long time.
Thankfully the injury isn’t serious and it sounds like he could be back to face Tottenham on the 4th Jan. Failing that, he will be available to take on Aston Villa on the 13th.
A break will do him good as well. He was in need of a rest and we should be able to beat Cardiff at home on New Years Day without him, and he would probably have been rested against Spurs in the FA Cup anyway.