- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s Crucial 1-0 Win Over Newcastle
It wasn’t pretty but we did just enough to secure the three points with a 1-0 win over Newcastle United at St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon. Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 7/10 – Almost cost us the three points when his clearance rebounded off Remy and went just past the post but otherwise he made some routine saves and dealt with the pressure well.
Sagna 8/10 – His crossing was terrible but he was solid at the back. Did his bit to keep the home side at bay.
Mertesacker 8.5/10 – A rock all afternoon. Made a number of headed clearances as Newcastle pumped the ball into the box in search of the equaliser and put in a captains display.
Koscielny 8/10 – Back in the team and it was like he’d never been away. He kept Remy quiet and alongside Mertesacker, he was immense.
Gibbs 7/10 – Some dodgy moments in the first half and was given plenty of problems by Debuchy. But improved as the game went on before being subbed late on, presumably with a knock.
Flamini 7.5/10 – Protected the defence well and filled in at left-back when Gibbs went off.
Wilshere 5.5/10 – Disappointing display from Jack. He started in his preferred central position but was off the pace for much of the game, giving away sloppy balls and losing possession. Much do better.
Rosicky 6/10 – Not at his best going forward but put a shift in helping out the defence and pressuring the home side when they had possession.
Cazorla 5.5/10 – After his MOTM performance against West Ham I was expecting Santi to be a key man today but he was poor. Nothing seemed to come off for him.
Walcott 6/10 – Couldn’t really get himself in the game all that much and we were unable to utilise his pace, but he played in a superb free-kick for Giroud’s winner.
Giroud 7/10 – Some nice touches and link-up play and ended his goal drought with a well-taken header.
Arteta 6/10 – On to shore things up and see-out the game.
Jenkinson N/A – on too late
Bendtner N/A – on too late
A huge win for The Arsenal and we head into the New Year sitting top of the league. COYG!
Agree with my ratings? What were yours?