- Team News: Wenger on Walcott, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey & more
- Arsenal overlooked by Sky as date confirmed for EFL Cup clash
- [Photos] Arsenal injury doubt trains today but no sign of key duo
- Arsene Wenger: 3 key Arsenal players could miss Sunderland game
- Arsenal boss confirms huge injury blow but midfielder returns
- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
Madrid Striker ‘Most Likely’ To Join Arsenal In January
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata is the player that is ‘most likely’ to join Arsenal when the transfer window re-opens next month, according to the Daily Mail.
Arsene Wenger has been strongly tipped to bring in another striker next month to ease the pressure on Olivier Giroud and we’ve been linked with a whole host of top names including the likes of Diego Costa, Robert Lewandowski and Fernando Llorente.
However, it’s never easy to buy in January and it seems Wenger’s top targets are unlikely to be available mid-season. If this turns out to be the case, the Mirror claim that we will bring in Morata on a six-month loan and look to make a big-money signing next summer.
The 21-year-old is struggling to get regular playing time at Real Madrid and the newspaper suggests the Spaniard’s would be happy to let him join us on a short-term basis to get some first team football under his belt.
Morata is highly rated in Spain and was the star of last summer’s Under-21 European Championship after scoring four goals to finish as the tournaments top scorer.
He would certainly be a good addition to the squad and offer us another option up front, which is badly needed if we’re going to continue to fight for the title this season.
Obviously I’d prefer we signed someone like Costa or Lewandowski, but realistically that’s not going to happen in January, so Morata could be an excellent short-term alternative.