- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
TEAM: My Preferred Starting XI To Face West Ham – No Ozil Or Giroud?
After a disappointing game against Chelsea on Monday night, the matches continue to come thick and fast as we make the trip across London to take on West Ham on Boxing Day.
With a long trip north to face Newcastle on Sunday likely to be in Arsene Wenger’s thought’s, the boss is expected to make some changes to his line-up on Thursday.
I think we’ll see the likes of Nacho Monreal, Carl Jenkinson and Nicklas Bendtner given a chance to impress, with Kieran Gibbs, Bacary Sagna and more importantly, Olivier Giroud given well earned rests.
The boss has also confirmed that Lukas Podolski will play some part at Upton Park and I’d like to see him start the match on the left side with Theo Walcott continuing on the right.
Mesut Ozil should also get a rest. The German has been pretty poor lately and he clearly needs a breather, so let’s give it to him on Thursday with Santi Cazorla coming in.
Mathieu Flamini is also a dead-cert to play as he didn’t feature against Chelsea, so Mikel Arteta could drop out with Aaron Ramsey starting against the Hammers before dropping out against Newcastle when Jack Wilshere will play following the completion of his ban.
Laurent Koscielny is also close to returning from a knee injury but I think we should stick with Vermaelen against Sam Allardyce’s side then bring Kos back on Sunday.
Here is the line-up I’d like to see start against West Ham:
What team would you like to see start?