- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Set To Miss Out On Paraguayan Striker
Arsenal could be set to miss out on the signing of long-term target Antonio Sanabria with AS Roma now leading the race for his signature, according to the Mirror.
The striker is highly rated at Barcelona and has been invited to train with the first team on several occasions, but it was revealed last month that he wouldn’t be signing professional terms when he turns 18 in March after Barca refused to meet his demands.
The 17-year-old has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months with Arsene Wenger apparently already holding talks with the player and his representatives about a move to north London, and it seemed he was destined to complete a switch next month.
However, the Mirror claim that the move is now in serious doubt with Roma ‘set to land’ the talented attacker after triggering his £3.6m release clause.
It remains to be seen how we respond to the Italians interest but if Wenger really wants the Paraguayan international, it appears he’ll have to follow suit and meet the youngsters buy-out fee. It would then be up to the player to decide which club he wants to join.