- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
REPORT: Arsenal ‘Close In’ On £20m-Rated La Liga Winger
Arsenal are reportedly ‘closing in‘ on the signing of Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann.
The 22-year-old is one of the most highly-rated young attackers in La Liga after three excellent years in the Sociedad first team. He helped the club qualify for the Champions League last season and has continued his superb form this campaign, scoring 9 goals in 13 league games so far.
He’s been linked with a number of top European clubs in recent months but the Metro are now reporting that Arsenal are ‘closing in’ on the attacker with boss Arsene Wenger understood to have sent scouts to watch the player in action on several occasions in recent weeks.
The newspaper claims that the boss wants to add a versatile winger to his squad in January and has identified Griezmann as a potential addition. We are now expected to follow up our interest with a formal bid next month but the report states that it will take a bid of around £20m to persuade the Spaniard’s to sell their star man.
I’ve seen a fair bit of this lad and he’d certainly be an excellent addition. Whether he’s exactly what we need is open to debate, as I think there are other areas of the squad that could do with being strengthened first (such as centre forward), but I would be more than happy if we do make a formal move to bring him to the Emirates.
Griezmann has already been capped at youth level for France and has recently broken into the senior set-up, so perhaps a move to a bigger club like Arsenal could see him secure a place in the French World Cup squad.