- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 2-0 Loss To Napoli
An extremely poor second half showing saw us slump to a 2-0 defeat to Napoli last night. Thankfully we still qualified for the knockout stages but Dortmund’s last minute winner over Marseille means we finish second and will face the likes of Barcelona, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid in the last 16.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6/10 – One crazy moment in the first half when he almost gifted Higuain the ball but otherwise he was OK. Not much he could do about either goal.
Jenkinson 5/10 – Disappointing. I feared he may be out his depth here and unfortunately it turned out to be the case. Didn’t look comfortable with the ball and was caught out of position a few times.
Gibbs 6/10 – Got caught too high up the pitch in the first half but fortunately Maggio blazed over, but Gibbs wasn’t his usual self last night.
Mertesacker 6.5/10 – Absolutely superb in the first half but was turned too easily by Higuain for their opening goal. Was a decisive moment in the game and gave them hope.
Koscielny 7/10 – Was a rock in the first half but less so after the break as thr pressure increased from the hosts.
Arteta 5/10 – Battled well in the middle of the park against a very ‘physical’ Napoli team but got himself sent off for two very silly bookings. Yes the second was harsh but there was no need to give the ref a decision to make in that area of the pitch when your on a booking.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Very good in the first half but his influence faded in the second.
Cazorla 6/10 – Worked hard and was targetted for some rough treatment but faded as the game wore on and was eventually subbed.
Ozil 6/10 – Didn’t really offer a lot in terms of creativity, so had a pretty poor game by his standards.
Rosicky 6/10 – Tidy in possession but didn’t do a lot with it.
Giroud 6.5/10 – Forced a decent save with a powerful effort midway through the first half but was isolated.
Ramsey 6/10 – Got booked for a bit of handbags.
Monreal 6/10 – Tried to help Gibbsy out.
We’re through, and that’s the main thing, but we face a difficult tie whoever we get in Monday’s draw for the last 16. But those are the games we fought so hard to be in last season, so lets enjoy them! Bring it on.
What did you think of the game? Who do you want in the draw?