- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
The 5 Possible Opponents For Arsenal In The Last 16 Draw
Arsenal typically made it a nervy night after crashing to a 2-0 defeat to Napoli in the Champions League tonight.
Thankfully the Italians left it too late to really make a push for another goal that would have seen us finish third, but with Borussia Dortmund scoring a late winner over 10-man Marseille, the loss in Naples means we finish second in Group F.
In past seasons finishing second has seen us paired with the likes of Bayern Munich and Barcelona in the last 16, so will this season be any different? Unfortunately not.
Here are the five group winners we can draw in the next round:
- Real Madrid
- Atletico Madrid
- Paris Saint German
- Bayern Munich
Soooooo, which of that lot do we want to draw then?! Let’s face it, ideally we wouldn’t want any of them but this is the position we find ourselves in.
It all stems from being ridiculously unlucky with the group we got and we should actually be pleased to just make it out of the group stages. Napoli didn’t qualify with 12 points for the first time in Champions League history, so it shows how well we’ve done to qualify.
On paper, Atletico or PSG would be the best teams to draw, but you just know we’re probably going to get Barcelona again!
Whoever it is, we’ll find out on Monday when the draw is made. Who would like to get? Let us know below….