- Arsenal transfer news: £25m bid submitted for international star
- [Photos] Arsenal’s double boost as duo train ahead of Liverpool
- It’s A Summer Of Rebuilding If Sanchez And Wenger Leave
- [Photos & Videos] Ozil, Welbz & more star as Arsenal boys go bowling
- Arsenal handed injury boost as key man returns ahead of Liverpool
- 49-year old confirms to friends he’s replacing Wenger as Arsenal boss
- 5 Arsenal fixtures rescheduled after being chosen for live TV
- Arsenal boost: Liverpool star ruled out of crucial showdown
- Respected journo: 27-goal hitman could join Arsenal in £50m deal
- Cazorla replacement? Arsenal linked with a move for French midfielder
TEAM NEWS: Wenger Gives Latest On Sagna & Podolski Ahead Of Everton Clash
A tough couple of weeks for Arsenal kicks off this weekend as we entertain Everton at the Emirates on Sunday afternoon.
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com the latest team news and the good news is that we didn’t pick up ant fresh injury concerns following Wednesday’s 2-0 win over Hull City.
Unfortunately Bacary Sagna has been ruled out of this weekends action. The Frenchman missed the Hull clash with a hamstring injury and Wenger has confirmed the defender will once again be absent on Sunday.
The quote he gave Arsenal.com below doesn’t mention it, but I saw tweets from journalists this afternoon who were at Arsene’s press conference who claim the boss said Sagna would also miss the Napoli game on Wednesday. Which will be a real blow if true.
The other update was on Lukas Podolski. The German returned to full training on Friday after over three months on the sidelines with a hamstring tear. Arsene confirmed he’s still not fit enough to be in contention for this weekend but he’s not far away not which is excellent news.
Here’s Wenger update:
on the latest team news…
Apart from Podolski being back in training, everybody else is available from Wednesday night. We had no injuries and the players who were available then will be available for Everton.
on having Podolski back in training…
He’s been out for a long time and is still a bit short of match fitness because he had his first training session today [Friday]. But it’s good news to have him back.
on Bacary Sagna…
Bacary Sagna is short so he will not be in contention.
Sagna being missing is a blow but Jenkinson will hopefully be able to cope. It’s going to be interesting to see what team the boss puts out, considering we’re away to Napoli on Wednesday. I’m sure he’ll play our ‘strongest’ eleven – whatever that is – and with any luck we’ll bag another three points. COYG!!!