- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
REPORT: Barcelona Scouting Ramsey – Should We Be Worried?
Some interesting transfer news for you this evening with the Daily Mail reporting that Barcelona are keeping a close eye on the progress of Aaron Ramsey.
The Welshman has been in sensational form this season, better than anybody could have predicted, and it’s seems it’s not gone unnoticed at the Nou Camp.
The Mail claims that Barca President Sandro Rossell is making plans for the future with midfield understood to be an area he feels needs strengthened – presumably because Xavi is now 33 and Iniesta is approaching 30.
The newspaper suggests that the Catalans have identified Ramsey as a potential recruit and have sent scouts to watch the midfielders last four games – the latest of which saw him score a brace against former club Cardiff on Saturday.
So, if this report is accurate, should we be worried?
Well Arsene Wenger recently stated that he wouldn’t sell Rambo for £50m. Now obviously he may change his mind if a club like Barcelona actually came in with such a bid, but I personally don’t think the Spaniard’s would pay such a fee.
So unless they are going to offer us Cesc Fabregas in exchange, I don’t think Barca would ever table an offer we simply couldn’t refuse.
Ramsey is also incredibly loyal to Arsenal, particularly after we stuck by him after his horrific leg break. He has worked so hard to fight his way back to full fitness and break into the first team, I don’t see him repaying us by jumping ship as soon as he finds some form.
With the team playing so well and players like Ramsey upping their game, we should expect clubs to show an interest in the squad. Fortunately we’re now in a financial position where we can turn down sizable offers and are building a team that finally looks like it will challenge for trophies, so players aren’t going to be as eager to leave.
Would you be concerned if Barca came in for Ramsey?