- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
RATINGS: My Ratings From Arsenal’s 2-0 Win Over Hull City
Another routine win, despite Arsene Wenger making several changes to his starting line-up. The surprise inclusion was Nicklas Bendtner but he proved his worth with an early opener and put in a decent shift.
Mesut Ozil sealed the win with a fine second just after half-time. We could have racked up a cricket score if we really put our minds to it, but we eased to the win to maintain our lead at the top of the league.
Here are my ratings:
Szczesny 6.5/10 – Had very little to do but was assured when called upon.
Jenkinson 7/10 – Superb cross to set up the opener. Solid display after that.
Monreal 7/10 – Another steady performance from the Spaniard. Was keen to get involved going forward. Always dependable when called upon.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Kept the Hull attack quiet and was a threat from set pieces.
Koscielny 7.5/10 – Another excellent display from Kos. He was first to every ball, used his pace to sweep up at the back and marshalled the defence to another clean sheet.
Flamini 6.5/10 – Quietly went about his business, breaking up play and keeping things simple.
Ramsey 7.5/10 – Played a lovely ball out wide to Jenks for the opener. Went close to adding a second in the 31st minute but McGregor saved well before playing a superb through ball for Ozil’s goal. Another very good display from the Welshman.
Rosicky 7/10 – Very tidy in possession and worked hard.
Cazorla 7/10 – Linked up well with Ozil and Ramsey at times and went close to scoring midway through the second half. Decent outing.
Ozil 8/10 – Sumptuous performance from the German. He made things look so simple. Lovely finish to make it 2-0 just after half time following an exchange with Ramsey, and he was a threat all night.
Bendtner 7/10 – A surprise starter but justified his selection with a great headed finish in the second minute. Went close to adding a second minutes later and was working hard up top. Still didn’t look 100% fit but fair play to him.
Wilshere 6/10 – Neat and tidy as we saw out the game.
Walcott 6/10 – On for Bendtner up front and looked a little rusty in truth.
So another three points in the bag and now the really big tests are coming up. Everton, Napoli, Chelsea and Man City. We’ll know in a few weeks if we are genuine title contenders or not.
What did you make of the game?