- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
TEAM NEWS: Wenger Gives Update On Fitness Of Podolski & Sagna
The games continue to come thick and fast, and next up is Hull City who come to the Emirates on Wednesday night.
The boss has been in front of the media today at his pre-match press conference and has given us the latest team and injury news.
It appears our impressive 3-0 win over Cardiff on Saturday came at a cost with Bacary Sagna ruled out with a hamstring strain. Wenger says it’s only a ‘slight’ problem so hopefully Bac will be back for Sunday’s clash against Everton.
With Sagna out, it opens the door for Carl Jenkinson to show us what he can do. He’s certainly not at Sagna’s level yet but he’s a fine young player and should be more than capable of filling in against the Tigers.
Wenger also gave a positive update on Podolski, claiming that the striker will return to full training on Thursday and could be back in contention within a week:
on the team news for Hull City…
From Saturday against Cardiff we will lose Sagna, who has a slight hamstring problem. He should be out for tomorrow’s game.
on Sagna’s replacement…
Jenkinson is likely to come back.
on Lukas Podolski…
Lukas Podolski should be back in normal training after the Hull game.
on when he can feature…
What he lacks is competition. You would say it will take at least a week with normal training to consider him fit for the squad.
The news on Podolski is encouraging because there were rumours circulating online last night that he’d suffered a set back and could be set for another 3 weeks on the sidelines. He really is going to be like a ‘new signing’ as he hasn’t played since August so has practically missed the first three months of the season.
We’re likely to see a few changes against Hull on Wednesday, I’ll have my predicted line-up live this afternoon.
What team would you put out?