- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
Morata Dismisses Talk Of Arsenal Move
Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata has played down talk suggesting he’s agreed to move to Arsenal on loan this January.
Morata is highly-rated in his homeland but is struggling to get regular playing time at the Bernabeu this season, with the likes of Benzema, Ronaldo and Bale all ahead of him in Carlo Ancelotti’s pecking order.
The newspapers were filled with reports this morning claiming that we’d agreed a deal with Madrid to take the 21-year-old on loan for the second half of the season, after Ancelotti supposedly gave the green light to the move.
Spurs were also understood to be interested but the papers suggested the player had chosen to move to the Emirates – which would be understandable.
However, it seems talk of a move to north London is a little premature, with the striker insisting this afternoon that he is only thinking about succeeding at Madrid. When asked about a potential move to Arsenal, he said:
“I only think about succeeding at Real Madrid,”
“Every day I work hard to earn myself a place in the team, but I know that I have had the support of [coach Carlo] Ancelotti since the first day that he came here.
“To Jose Mourinho I owe a great deal for promoting me up to the first team and I will always have a special feeling towards him. He is an incredible coach.” [source: Sky Sports News]
Sky Sports claim that reports coming out of Spain suggest that Madrid are in fact not interested in letting Morata leave on loan and will block any attempts to sign him in January, with the young striker understood to be focussed on following his idol – Raul – in becoming a Madrid legend.
“Raul [Gonzalez] has always been a hero to me, he is considered to be the best player in the history of Real Madrid and Spanish football.
“Cristiano [Ronaldo] is also a great player, out of this world, the complete player, the best. [Karim] Benzema is impressive also and I can learn a lot from him.
“Also, [Gareth] Bale is now showing what he can do and is one of the best players in the world and he was a great signing.”
So it looks like our striker search will have to continue, unless Morata is under orders to keep quiet about any potential move to the Emirates? Which lets face it, is entirely possible. If there are any talks happening between the clubs about a loan move, it’s highly unlikely anybody is going to spill the beans to the press.
So I wouldn’t give up on this one just yet….