- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
REPORT: Spanish Striker ‘Will Join Arsenal In January’
Some very interesting reports have been circling this evening claiming that Arsenal have agreed a deal to sign Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on loan for the second half of the season.
The Daily Star are one of several newspapers who are reporting that Morata ‘will join Arsenal’ when the transfer window re-opens next month after Carlo Ancelotti gave the green light to the move.
Morata has been struggling to secure first team football this season at Madrid with the likes of Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo keeping him restricted to a handful of appearances from the bench.
The 21-year-old Spanish under-21 international has attracted interest from a number of clubs, including Tottenham, but it appears we’ve won the race with reports claiming the move has now been agreed by all parties and the player will make a temporary switch to the Emirates next month.
A striker is vital in January as we have no back-up for Olivier Giroud, and while ideally we could bring in a world class striker on a permanent basis, realistically, options are likely to be limited during the winter window, so bringing Mortara in on loan could be an excellent move by Wenger.
He is still raw but is extremely talented and would certainly offer us an added threat up top. I personally hope these reports are accurate, so fingers crossed this one happens.
We’ll keep you updated if more news is reported…..