- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
Arsenal Eye Double Raid On Barcelona & Real Madrid – Report
Arsenal have made an offer to Barcelona youngster Tonny Sanabria and are also eyeing a move for Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata, according to reports today.
Sanabria is one of the most highly-rated players to be coming through Barca’s youth academy and is a regular in their B team in the Spanish second division, and while he’s yet to make his debut for the first team, he has been invited to train with Tata Martino’s men on several occasions.
The 17-year-old is still tied to a youth contract – as players can’t sign pro terms until they’re 18 in Spain – and he’s yet to agree a deal for when he turns 18 in March as he’s contemplating leaving the Nou Camp in order to secure more regular first team football.
The Daily Mail claim Arsenal have tabled an offer to the teenager and we are now considered favourites ahead of Roma to sign him after his representatives held a meeting on Wednesday to discuss the players future.
It’s reported that we have offered better financial terms and the chance to be fast-tracked to the first team, and it’s an offer Barca aren’t willing to match, leaving Sanabria favouring a move to the Emirates.
The Paraguay international has just a £2.5m buy-out clause in his contract so we could be set to snap up another Barcelona youngster on the cheap in January.
The newspaper also claims we’re interested in taking Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata on loan this winter.
The 21-year-old has struggled to get regular first team football at the Bernabeu and could be allowed to leave on a short-term basis when the transfer window re-opens in January.
Arsene has asked to be kept informed about his availability but Tottenham are also believed to be interested in the Spanish Under-21 international.