- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
RATINGS: Arsenal 2-0 Marseille: Wilshere & Rambo Impress
We eased past a poor Marseille side 2-0 at the Emirates last night to put one foot in the knockout stages of the Champions League.
Here are my ratings from the game:
Szczesny 7.5/10 – Another impressive evening from the Pole in goal. He was idle for much of the game but produced a couple of excellent stops in the second half to deny Thuavin.
Sagna 7/10 – The Frenchman continued his recent good form with another solid nights work.
Monreal 7.5/10 – Excellent display. Monreal is unfortunate to have Gibbs in front of him but he never lets us down when called upon.
Mertesacker 7/10 – Kept Gignac quiet and was his calm, assured self.
Koscielny 7.5/10 – Another great performance at the back from Kos.
Flamini 7/10 – Didn’t have to over-exert himself as Marseille were extremely poor, but he still went about his business and produced one excellent slide tackle. Didn’t get booked but will get a slap on the wrists from Wenger for once again cutting his shirt sleeves.
Ramsey 8/10 – Back to his best after a couple of quiet performances. Rambo was everywhere and had a hand in the second goal. He should have got on the score-sheet himself but saw his close range effort saved.
Wilshere 8.5/10 – His best performance for quite some time. Jack looked fit and hungry. He opened the scoring with a superb finish then sealed the win with the second. Looks like he’s enjoying the freedom of playing out wide.
Ozil 6.5/10 – His penalty was very poor but the miss seemed to spark him in to life, and he was far more involved than he had been prior to his spot kick. Set up the second goal but looked like he’s still playing within himself a bit. Let’s hope we see the best of him soon.
Rosicky 6.5/10 – Average display from the midfielder. He was neat and tidy and worked hard, but never really stood out.
Giroud 7/10 – Went close to scoring with a couple of second half efforts but wasn’t his night. Still put himself about up front.
Walcott (6), Cazorla (6), Arteta (N/A)
So we need to avoid a three-goal defeat away at Napoli in the final game to ensure qualification, which we’re more than capable of doing. Still a nutty group when you think there’s a possibility someone wont qualify with 12 points. Let’s hope it’s not us.
What were your ratings from the game? Will we get the job done in Italy?