- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Left ‘Stunned’ By Latest Injury Set Back
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been left furious after Jack Wilshere picked up yet another injury while away on international duty with England, according to reports today.
Wilshere was called up for England’s double-header against Chile and Germany despite not starting for Arsenal in any of our previous three games leading up to the interlull, with the midfielders ankle giving him problems once again.
Arsene Wenger spoke at length with Roy Hodgson about the players injury worries when England used our training facilities last week, and the boss is believed to have asked that Wilshere only be used in one of the games in order to protect his troublesome ankle.
Jack started against Chile on Friday night so was expected to sit out against the Germans on Tuesday, so many were surprised to see him introduced as a second half sub.
Now it’s emerged that the 21-year-old picked up a knock during his unnecessary cameo appearance and is a major doubt to face Southampton this weekend.
The Daily Mail claim Wenger has been left stunned and angry by England’s reckless use of Wilshere for these meaningless friendlies, particularly after he made a personal plea to Hodgson to wrap Wilshere in cotton wool.
Of course Hodgson is under no obligation to follow Arsene’s demands, but you’d think he’d share the common goal of protecting one of the countries most gifted midfielders and not throw him on for the last 30 minutes of a pointless friendly when he knows the player isn’t 100% fit.
Liverpool fans were also left shocked when Daniel Sturridge was left to play the full 90 minutes despite carrying a knock, so it seems Hogdson isn’t bothered about ruffling a few feathers in the build up to the World Cup.
Hopefully Jack will be OK and the latest knock is nothing serious, but I think it’s safe to say he won’t be starting on Saturday against the Saints.