- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
Wenger Eyeing €3m Barcelona Bargain
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is hoping to snare yet another one of Barcelona’s youth players with the €3m capture of Toni Sanarbia, according to reports today.
The 17-year-old forward is currently impressing with the Barca B team in the Spanish second division and has been tipped to become a star of the future after coming through the Catalans youth academy.
However, he’s finding it difficult to break into the first team squad and newspaper reports claim that Arsenal are leading the chase to try and lure him away from the Nou Camp with the promise of a big-money contract and the chance to be fast tracked into first team football.
The Paraguay international is still on a youth contract and under Spanish law he can’t sign pro terms until March when he turns 18, meaning we have a few months to active the €3m buy-out clause that’s written into his current deal.
Barca aren’t going to let him leave without a fight though, and the reports claim the Spaniards have opened talks with the attackers agents over a new deal and hope they can persuade him that his long-term future lies at the Nou Camp.
This of course isn’t the first time we’ve tried to poach a youngster from Barcelona’s youth team. As well as Fran Merida, Jon Toral and Hector Bellerin, we famously lured Cesc Fabrgeas to north London when he was just 16 and turned him into a world class midfielder, so I’m sure Arsene will use this case as an example if he gets the chance to speak with Sanarbia.
Whether he’ll be able to work his magic again or not remains to be seen, but it’s always fun to try and steal one of Barca’s best young talents.