- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal Miss Out On £12m Midfielder As Liverpool ‘Agree Deal’
According to reports today, Arsenal have missed out on the signing of £12m-rated Will Hughes after Liverpool agreed to buy the midfielder from Derby County.
The 18-year-old has been tipped for greatness since breaking into the Derby first team 18 months ago and has been linked with a number of clubs including Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United who have all been sending scouts to keep an eye on his progress.
However, the Express claim today that we’ve lost out in the race after Brendan Rodgers agreed a £12m fee with the Championship outfit to take the midfielder to Anfield.
The report doesn’t say whether the move will happen in January or in the summer, but it appears Hughes is now destined to end up on Merseyside.
Personally, I’m not going to be too bothered if this news is accurate as I think we have enough central midfield talent to last us a good few years and we have the likes of Eisfeld and Zelalem also coming through the ranks.
Plus, £12m sounds like a lot for the youngster. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a hugely talented boy, but he’s yet to test himself outside the Championship so it would be a big risk to spend such money on him.