- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
Arsenal Dealt Fresh Injury Blow
Arsenal have been dealt another injury blow with the news that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has suffered a set back in his recovery from a knee injury, according to reports today.
The Ox hasn’t featured since suffering a knee injury on the opening day of the season against Aston Villa back in mid-August. He was initially expected to be out for around 3 months meaning he should have been ready to make his first team comeback any day now.
However, the Mirror are one of several newspapers who are reporting that the 20-year-old has suffered a set back and is not expected to be back in action until the New Year.
The knee is taking far longer to heal than hoped and Oxlade-Chamberlain has been told he can not return to training for another month. It will take him at least 2-3 weeks to get back up to full fitness before he’s considered for first team action meaning we’re unlikely to see him until 2014.
Our injury problems this season – particularly in midfield – have been horrific and there’s little doubt our lack of options on the bench have hampered us at times, so it’s another blow to lose Chamberlain for at least another month.
It’s not only a blow to Arsenal but also for the player as the longer he goes without playing, the less time he’ll have to get himself back in the frame to land a place in Roy Hodgson’s World Cup squad.
Get well soon Ox and hope we see you back soon.