- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
VIDEO: Koscileny Gives Away Penalty & Sent Off For Slap During France Loss
It was a bad night all-round for Laurent Koscielny and France last night as the Arsenal defender gave away a penalty and was later sent off for striking an opponent during a 2-0 defeat to Ukraine in the first leg of their World Cup play-off.
Ukraine were already 1-0 ahead when Kos gave away a rather clumsy-looking spot kick. He got turned by the attacker and stuck out a leg which invited the player to go to ground. There doesn’t appear to be too much contact but it wasn’t a good piece of defending from the Gunners man in any case.
To compound his misery, Kos then got himself sent off for slapping Kucher following a poor tackle by the Ukraine defender and he will now miss the decisive second leg on Tuesday.
On the bright side, at least it gives him the week off ahead of our clash with Southampton!
Watch the incidents here: