- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal ‘Make Enquiry’ For £25m-Rated Italian
Arsenal have made contact with AC Milan to enquire about the availability of striker Stephan El Shaarawy.
Boss Arsene Wenger is believed to be a huge fan of the 21-year-old’s and the Italian was said to be a target in the summer as we looked to bring in a top class forward.
He eventually stayed at the San Siro but has endured a difficult season so far that’s seen him makes just 2 Serie A appearances, with boss Massimiliano Allegri preferring to go with Mario Balotelli, Robinho or Alessandro Matri up front.
This has predictably lead to speculation that El Shaarawy could be on the move this winter and there doesn’t seem to be any shortage of takers.
The Daily Express are claiming today that we have registered our interest in signing the attacker in January but could face competition from the likes of Chelsea, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham who are also understood to be keen.
The newspaper report suggests that we made initial enquiries into his availability in October and that Milan could be persuaded into doing business at £25m, which seems like a fair price for player of his potential.
Another striker is a must in January if we are to have any hopes of maintaining our title push as we are far too reliant on Olivier Giroud. El Shaarawy looked like a superb talent last season when he scored 19 goals in 46 games, but his career is stalling and a move could rejuvenate him.
He’s a completely different player to Giroud and wouldn’t be the powerful battering ram that the Frenchman is, but he’d certainly offer us something different up top and lets face it, anything is better than us having to play Nicklas Bendtner!
Do you rate El Shaaarawy? Would you buy him?