- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Fabregas ‘Favours Move Back To Arsenal’
Former Arsenal skipper Cesc Fabregas has once again hinted at his frustration over his role at Barcelona with the Daily Mail claiming he ‘favours a move back to the Emirates’ should he decide to leave.
The midfielder has failed to establish himself as an indispensable member of the Barca first team since making the move back ‘home’ in 2011.
Don’t get me wrong, he’s still considered an important squad player and plays his fair share of games, but the likes of Xavi and Iniesta are still well ahead of him in the pecking order and Fabregas is often left on the bench for the key games.
There were widespread reports in the summer that he was considering a move back to the Premier League, with both Arsenal and Manchester United linked, but Cesc opted to remain at the Nou Camp.
However, there were signs of discontent following his two-goal display against Real Betis on Saturday with Fabregas claiming he knows he’s not in the managers starting team and admitted it ‘messes him up’ when he’s left out the side. He said:
‘Today was time to say that I am here. I know the boss has a starting team in his head, and I am not in it.
‘I played a good game against Celta, and then I was left out for most of the two games [against Espanyol and AC Milan], and that really messes you up. Today I wanted to vindicate myself so that does not happen again.’
Fabregas was the ‘main man’ during his time at Arsenal and was central to our play. He was our captain and would never have been dropped, so it’s understandable that he’ll be frustrated at finding himself on the bench at Barcelona.
I still don’t think he’ll leave in January but he might consider it in the summer or maybe in 2015 if he continues to struggle for regular game-time, and the Mail newspaper – like many of us – feel the only place he’ll go to is Arsenal if he does jump ship.
Do you think Fabregas should leave Barcelona? Would you welcome him back?